African Vacations Terms and Conditions
The provisions covering booking procedures and liabilities are listed below whilst product inclusions/ exclusions are contained in our quotation/s.
BOOKING PROCEDURES FOR INDIVIDUAL GUESTS
- Provisional bookings are held for 7 (seven) consecutive days after which the booking is automatically released.
- Each booking must be requested in writing by way of e-mail. A provisional booking will be held until such time as (maximum 7 consecutive days):
- The booking is confirmed in writing; and
- The booking is acknowledged in writing by African Vacations; and
- A non-refundable deposit of 30% for the booking is received by African Vacations to secure the reservation. Air tickets to be paid in full.
- All bookings made in respect of African Vacations and/or our partner products and services are subject to the terms and conditions specified by the supplier of the services booked. On written request we will advise the identity of the supplier and provide a copy of the supplier’s terms and conditions.
- Duplicate reservations may not be held either directly or indirectly.
ITINERARY AND SCHEDULE CHANGES AND LIABILITY
Although every effort is made to adhere to booked schedules and itineraries, African Vacations reserves the right and may even be obliged to occasionally cancel a safari or change travel arrangements, as a result of a change in circumstances. Such circumstances may include, but not be limited to:
- Safety reasons,
- Seasonal rainfall,
- Unsafe airfields,
- Game migrations from one region to another,
- Airline or other booking problems,
- Unscheduled camp/lodge closure (including but not limited to closure due to fire, flood, adverse weather damage etc.),
- War or government or other interference.
African Vacations cannot be held liable for any change or resultant delay nor will any such change constitute a reason for a refund either in full or in part. Any additional expenses will be the responsibility of the guest.
We will do our utmost to honor our prices as quoted to you, however should there be any unforeseen increases in fuel costs, availability, currency fluctuations and/or government levies/taxes prices we would need to be surcharged or adjusted accordingly.
DEPOSIT, PAYMENT AND CANCELLATION FEES
- Bookings will only be confirmed upon payment of a 30% non-refundable deposit. The deposit is based on a percentage of the total land arrangement costs.
- Scheduled/commercial air is costed separately and is due and payable prior to ticketing per airline terms and conditions.
- The balance of the total cost due is payable 8 (eight) weeks prior to travel date directly to the account of African Vacations, without deduction of bank or any other charges.
- Each leg of the itinerary is quoted in a particular currency. Payment of the amount due in respect of each part of the itinerary should be made only in the currency invoiced.
- Cancellations will only become effective upon written acknowledgment by African Vacations of the receipt of notification of the cancellation.
- Cancellation fees are levied when guests cancel confirmed reservations. The costs of the cancellation fees will escalate the closer the guest/s cancels to their confirmed departure date. Our penalties escalate from forfeiting the deposit to payment in full as follows:
- Should a cancellation be made more than 8 weeks (56 days) prior to the start of the program booked with African Vacations (referred to as departure below), the non-refundable deposit is forfeited.
- Should a guest cancel between 8 weeks (55 days) and 4 weeks (28 days) prior to departure, the deposit plus 25% of the price is forfeited.
- Should a guest cancel between 4 weeks (27 days) and 3 weeks (21 days) prior to departure, 50% of the price is forfeited.
- Should a guest cancel between 3 weeks (20 days) and 2 weeks (14 days) prior to departure, 60% of the price is forfeited.
- Should a guest cancel between 13 days up to and including the day of departure, then 100% of the price is forfeited.
- Should a guest fail to check in, African Vacations will be entitled to treat the reservation as cancelled without giving notice and 100% cancellation fee will apply.
- For Groups of more than 10 guests the above terms and conditions are not applicable, a separate agreement for group travel at the time of booking will be applicable.
Banking details will be provided on invoices and statements once transactions commence. Please pay careful attention to the banking information and requirements as your account will remain your responsibility until payment is received into the appropriate bank account as specified in our commercial documentation.
Comprehensive and adequate travel insurance is a condition of travel. It is your responsibility to ensure that you carry the correct comprehensive travel and medical insurance to adequately cover any eventuality during the course of your trips. On request African Vacations can arrange Travel insurance for you.
This insurance should include cover in respect of but not be limited to the following eventualities:
- Emergency evacuation expenses,
- All medical expenses including emergency assistance,
- Accidental death and disability,
- Repatriation expenses,
- Damage/theft/loss of personal baggage,
- Goods and money and any personal effects.
- It is also recommended that the insurance cover includes cancellation or curtailment of the safari/ Holiday package/ flights for any reason whatsoever.
African Vacations, including its representatives, employees and agents assumes no responsibility for any costs or losses incurred or suffered by guests or any third party, in respect of but not limited to any of the aforementioned eventualities.
Guests will be charged directly by the relevant service providers for any emergency services that they may require whilst travelling, and may find themselves in a position of being unable to access such services should they not be carrying the relevant insurance cover.
The airline/charter used by guests will not be liable for any act, omission or event whilst the guest is not on board that airline’s airplanes or conveyance. The flight ticket issued by the airline/charter or by any other carrier concerned will constitute the sole contract between the airline/charter and the purchaser of that flight ticket. It should be noted that African Vacations subcontracts the flying services to independent charter operations, in which event they will be responsible for all activities in respect of the flight to and from destinations.
African Vacations is not liable for any delays or additional costs incurred as a result of airlines or charter flights either changing schedule or not running to schedule.